Certain applications and websites naturally require less input (mouse/keyboard) while they're in use. Examples of this are Video and VOIP apps like Skype, Zoom, and Google Hangouts.
As long as these apps and website are 'active' it's a natural use-case for someone not to be having constant mouse or keyboard input, which will trigger idle time unless this setting is enabled.
To set applications as 'Always Active':
- Go to 'Teams' -> 'Review Usage'
- Find the app or website that you would like to mark
- Toggle on 'Always Active'.
When using the 'Always Active' setting, it's important to remember that this only applies when the website/app you set as 'Always Active' is actively in focus.
- GoToMeeting (Set to Always Active) is opened by an employee.
- During the meeting, they open another app or website.
- As long as that other app/site is in focus, then this is what Workpuls will be recording.
- This means that productivity (or going idle) will be based on the other app, not GoToMeeting which is now running in the background.