To enable syncing user info with AD, please follow the steps outlined below:
- Click on Settings on the sidebar
- Select Tracking Settings
- Next, click on the Advanced Settings button
- Check Use Active Directory box to enable syncing between Workpuls and AD users
When active, new users synced through AD will override your preferred identification settings and will be identified as domain/user.
When enabled, this feature will sync new users from your Active Directory into Workpuls platform. We should outline that identification and AD synchronization settings will take effect only if they were configured before the employee was created - it won't affect existing Workpuls employees.
Following data can be used:
- Email address - When checked, this option will allow Workpuls to fetch and use email address from the email field in user object in active directory
- Team - When checked, AD department will be considered as a Workpuls team equivalent. Employee added from AD will be placed in the team with the same name as their department in the AD.
The user's department / team name will be taken from the department field in the user object in active directory.
- Tracking Settings - When this option is checked, it will create specific tracking settings template for each AD department / Workpuls team. Each employee added will have specific tracking settings template applied based on their AD department field in user object