If you're not seeing screenshots captured as you expect for yourself or a member of your team, please refer to this guide to better understand how / when screenshots are captured in Workpuls and why they might not be appearing in your Workpuls dashboard.
Screenshots are missing for certain dates:
- You will see only the screenshots for the date or dates you selected on the time picker / calendar in the upper right corner:
Screenshots are not appearing always when I expect:
- Screenshots will not be taken while employee is Idle.
- Screenshot intervals are randomized, you will not see them appear within same time span between two of them; Refer to our Settings Guide here.
- If using Project Based Time Tracking - Workpuls will only capture screenshots when an employee is logging time on a task.
- If Employees are using personal devices - Workpuls will only capture screenshots when an employee is clocked in. Never when they're clocked out, or on a break.
I see all black screenshots or screenshots of a desktop with no content on them:
- For all black screenshots from user that is having Windows OS, check if they have installed any privacy controlling third party software at the time you started seeing black screenshots
- For blank screenshots or screenshots of computer background without any app / website used from macOS user, please refer to our guide about macOS privacy and accessibility settings
Verifying your screenshot settings:
- Make sure you set up Screenshots in Settings > Tracking Settings; Also check if shared settings have been overridden at the individual employee level which could potentially change/disabled this functionality. Verify by clicking on employee name and clicking on settings button next to their name.
- If you need to activate more screenshots then you currently have, go to settings > tracking settings and you can set Workpuls to take up to 30 screenshots per hour for each employee
Still having issues with screenshots?
If you are still having issues with screenshots after going through this guide, please contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org and include the following information so we can expedite our support:
- Name of the employee
- OS user is running on their computer (Windows or macOS)
- For which period of time you don't see the screenshots
- Are there any other reporting discrepancies or missing data besides screenshots
- Any other information you believe will be relevant