Workpuls is tested with most of modern Antivirus softwares and there are no known conflicts with any of them.
Given multiple variables such as OS version, network connection type, different Antivirus softwares and vast array of settings that can be applied to each - it is optimal to create a Workpuls exception / exclusion in your active Antivirus to have Workpuls syncing data.
We recommend adding workpuls-agent folder as an exception / exclusion.
- Path to the folder in Windows is : C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\workpuls-agent (value username being currently logged in account's folder)
- Path to the folder in macOS is:
Below are the steps on how to add an exception / exclusion for some of most frequently used Antivirus apps:
- Open Avast user interface from the notification area.
- Open Settings.
- Choose General.
- Open Exclusions.
- Click on the ”File Paths” and then on Browse.
- Navigate to the folder where Workpuls is stored.
- Here you can choose to exclude an entirety of the workpuls-agent folder.
- Confirm changes and enable real-time protection if needed.
- Open Windows Defender from the notification area.
- Select Virus & threat protection.
- Open Virus & threat protection settings.
- Scroll down and select Add or remove exclusions under the Exclusions section.
- Click on Add an exclusion and select folder you want to exclude (workpuls-agent)
- Confirm selection.
- Open ESET from the notification area and press F5 to open the Advanced Setup.
- Open Antivirus and antispyware.
- Select Exclusions.
- Click on ”Add…” in the right pane.
- Follow the path to the Workpuls folder and exclude it.
- Right-click on the Avira icon in the notification area and disable the real-time protection.
- Install the program.
- Now, expend the Avira from the notification area.
- Click on Extras.
- Select Configuration from the contextual menu.
- Open PC protection and then Scan.
- Select Exceptions and then Add.
- Exclude the workpuls-agent folder.
- Now, get back to PC protection and expand Real-time protection.
- Click Exceptions and then Add.
- Exclude the same file/folder as above.
- Confirm changes and enable Real-time protection.
- Open Bitdefender.
- Click on Protection.
- Choose View features.
- Select Settings.
- Open the ”Exclusions” tab.
- Click on the ”List of files and folders excluded from scanning” and then Add.
- Add the workpuls-agent folder to exclude.
- Confirm selection and re-establish the Real-time protection if required.
Note: If the software you use is not on the list simply find Exceptions or Exclusions in settings and add workpuls-agent folder or workpuls.exe