- If you're installing Workpuls for the first time, please use this guide instead.
- To check which version of Workpuls is running use this guide, or view agent version column on Employees dashboard.
To update Workpuls you will to get the latest installation file. The safest way to do this is to ensure you're downloading it directly from your Workpuls dashboard:
- Go to Employees -> "Add New Employees"
- Select the "Company Computer" option.
From here you can either:
- Download Workpuls
Use this option if you will download the installation file directly to USB or to it via an internal file sharing service.
- Copy & Paste Installation URL
Use this option if you need to share the Workpuls Installation file with another member of your team, or even directly to employees.
Steps after you download Workpuls:
Because you're updating Workpuls (and not installing for the first time), you will want to follow these steps:
- Allow https://app.workpuls.com and https://storage.googleapis.com/ if there is an active Firewall
- Locate the Workpuls Installation file on your computer
- "Right Click" on the installation file
- Choose "Repair"
- After you have finished the Repair Process, please reboot the computer and check the version of Workpuls that is running.
If repair option returns an error message or you don't see the version number updated please run the installation regularly by double clicking the package to start the installer.
Want to upgrade Workpuls via a script / command-line / silently?
Please follow this document from Microsoft to update Workpuls by reinstalling.
If you want this to be silent you can utilize /qn command to get that as well.
Want to upgrade using Solar Winds RMM
- Uninstall the previous version
- Download the new file and install it the same way
If you're updating Workpuls with
- GPO in AD environment or in any Remote Desktop Protocol environment,
- Through System Center using Script,
or you require additional assistance please contact our support team.