STEP 1 - Create Company
On this step you will create your company account - It's name, Industry, Team size, and you have a choice of computer type employees are working on.
- Choose Personal or Company computers and click Next Step button. We will explain Personal computers onboarding steps first, for company computers scroll down.
STEP 2 - Attendance tracking settings for Personal computers
- First will set Workpuls to track employees' computer activities when they start the timer on Tasks, and only while they are working on Tasks; while second will set Workpuls to start tracking when employee clicks on Clock In button and until they hit Clock Out.
You can check how it will look for employees in Employees' first steps article.
STEP 3 - Screenshots setup
Set amount of screenshots you wish Workpuls to take per employee per hour, or disable this feature
STEP 4 - Invite employees
- Send Workpuls installation file to your employees by simply entering their email, Full Name and Team they belong to. Full name you enter here will be name you will see on the dashboards. You can choose default Team or create new one depending if you know how many teams and which ones will use Workpuls.
- Click 'Send invitations' and your employees will receive invite email with download link to install Workpuls widget, and create their login credentials. Only after your employees finish this steps and start using Workpuls widget their data will start showing up on your Admin Dashboards.
- After sending the invites you will see next steps screen telling you what your employees should do next and what you should do next - based on the settings you decided to use on previous steps
STEP 5 - Start tracking data
When your employees install Workpuls installation file, they will be able to Clock in/out or Start tracking time on their tasks via widget on their desktop. As soon as employees Clock In for the first time, or start the Timer on their first task, their data will show up on your Workpuls dashboard.
STEP 2 - App Visibility and Projects tracking settings
- Visible mode means Workpuls icon will always be visible in the app tray. Unlike stealth which completely hides that Workpuls is running on the computer.
- With visible mode you can later choose to have Workpuls run automatically or manually - to provide employees with an option to clock in and clock out themselves, and you can use Time Tracking on Tasks and Projects with this mode. Stealth mode, being completely invisible, will not have the option for employees to have any control over when and how Workpuls tracks productivity data and will not support Time Tracking on Tasks and Projects for same reason.
STEP 3 - Screenshots setup
Choose if you will enable screenshots from the start and number of screenshots you'd like Workpuls to take per employee per hour.
STEP 4 - Add Employees
Adding Company computers employees is being done through Workpuls installation file. For each organization we create one unique file that can be used for all employees.
- Download the installation file
- Distribute it to employees computers and run the installation
- Depending on your settings when installation is complete one out of three will occur - for Stealth nothing will be displayed, for Visible either Workpuls icon will show in app/system tray or Widget will show up.
STEP 5 - Start collecting data
As soon as installation is complete you will see employee names on the Admin dashboard, and as soon as they start working on their computers you will start seeing first productivity data as well.
Note: All the settings are also available for you to change later in Workpuls settings if needed.